School Groups – Currumbin Beach, Gold Coast
Safe Surf Program
The beach is a big part of life in Australia and it is imperative that our children can identify and deal with the unpredictable conditions of the ocean. Learning to surf is a fantastic confidence builder and brings with it a great sense of achievement, responsibility and self-confidence.
We can offer your students our Safe Surfing Program from Mermaid Beach to Coolangatta. Predominantly based at Currumbin Alley. We can offer grants in conjunction with Sporting Schools for Base, plus full 100% Gap funding through Surfing Australia so there will be minimal cost or no cost at all. We also accept Q Grant vouchers.
We require a minimum of a 2 person bookings at $65 p/p.
We also can offer further discounts if you book more than 21 people or you are wanting to book in for multiple sessions e.g. 3×90 minute sessions (minimum group size 21).
Please contact us directly for a quote tailored to your group.
Up to 4 Kids
6 - 12 Kids
13 - 20 KidsMOST POPULAR
What is included:
- All surfing equipment is included as part of your surfing lesson
- A surfing lesson includes the use of our soft surfboards, lycra wet-shirt, sunscreen, wax and wetsuits if required. Students need to bring swimmers/board shorts, beach towel and water
- Offering lessons for beginners, intermediates and high performance surfers. If your students are at different levels we can cater for all and divide into appropriate groups.
- We offer Level 1 through to Level 5 Safe Surfing with certification presented after completing each level
- All the Surf Coaches are either Level 1 and/or Level 2 Surfing Australia Certificate and have First Aid, Blue Cards and Bronze medallion and or Surf Rescue.
Program content for Level One Safe Surfing Certificate:
- Reading surf conditions and identifying dangerous situations
- Basic fitness for surfing
- Catching broken waves
- Wave zone negotiation
- Wiping out safely
- Equipment for surfing
- Sun smart behaviour
- Sport safe behaviour
- Environmental awareness
Each student will also receive with the program all this surf gear
- Quiksilver Backpack
- Quiksilver SurfGroms Rash Vest
- Quiksilver Cap
- Weet-bix Bowl
- Wax comb
- Banana Boat Sunscreen 50+ large bottle
- Log Book with level 1 to level 5 safe surfing criteria
- Access to rewards and incentives that reflect their level of achievement throughout their progress through the program
- Plus entry to competitions with Quiksilver Wetsuits & Surfboards to be won